Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last stop before my destination....

Well, as adveturous as I thought these two legs of the trip would be, yeah, no such luck. Ah well, I still get to count them as two more countries I've been to! So flying at night over Turkey was fun! We saw about 5-6 fireworks displays in different cities below us....is Dec. 11th some kind of Turkish holiday? Muslim holiday perhaps??

Got to watch Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull this leg, not too bad! Other than that, just conversing with fellow military people, looking out at beautiful night time cities below us and enjoy the cramped quarters!

Well, not too long of a layover here and saw an open computer so I jumped at it! Take care all and hope you have a fantastic end to your week!

1 comment:

Shalyn said...

I'm glad you've been able to update so frequently. It's really cool to hear from you while you're traveling halfway around the world.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone else who wants to look it up, but it was a holiday celebration you saw in Turkey. In fact, it was probably part of the most important Islamic holiday of the year!

Hoping for more updates soon.