Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Middle of the road.....

So here I sit in the USO at the Baltimore airport contemplating the trip. Good so far, pretty relaxing and smooth. It has been pretty fun meeting new people, all military people, going to different destinations, but all on the plane that I'll be on. It is pretty sad to talk to some of them who are going to be gone from 6-12 months, rather than my 1 month. Everyone has been very nice and have received several "thank you for your service" from people which brings a very proud feeling inside of me. To me, this is a hobby on the side of my main career now of teaching. I truly though have to realize the spectrum of what I'm doing. What I see as a way to gain experience and see new places, others see as maintaining their freedom that they have each and every day. It's a hard thing for me to fathom, but the more I think about it, the more I appreciate it.

I miss my kids, though have heard that they didn't have school today (lucky ducks!), so hopefully some will be home to read this! You all better work extra hard tomorrow to make up for today! ;)

I have a few more hours still until I have to leave, so I've brought a couple of movies to watch. Should be fun! The USO here has a lot of nice areas to relax, a coffee bar (Yummy!), vending machines, family areas (for the families going overseas visiting or being stationed there), books, magazines, and other relaxing areas. I think I could get used to this!! Nah!!! Teaching is what I want to do...I miss you all already, but again, am very excited about this new adventure ahead of me.

I'm not sure from here on out about my internet access, so bear with me, know that I'm thinking about each and every one of you and I'll contact you as soon as I can! Take care and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Capt Charlie said...

Be Proud, Stay Safe. You decision to help another unit cannot be measured and is in keeping with the great traditions of Military service.
Mocha, Java and Mr. Buffett send greetings
Love, Dad