Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hello all, well, even though it's moved on to Dec. 26th here, it's still Christmas back where you all are at! I hope this note finds you all having a wonderful Christmas and you are getting all the presents you wanted and spending wonderful times with family!

It was a nice Christmas here. They had a great meal in the chow hall, work was busy, but slow for me. Tons of care packages have come for all of us to share! People are so generous I love it!!! Tons of goodies, toys, and so on!

I am getting over yet another sickness now. Yep, just can't seem to stay healthy...I think my roomie and I are passing it back and forth to each other! lol. Seriously, we both have been sick this entire trip practically!

I've signed up to go on a historical tour around town in the next week or so! Still being approved, but should be able to! We'll be going to a historical museum, visit old soviet spots, visit new Kyrgyzstan squares after they gained their independence after the fall of the soviet union, lunch and maybe one other spot, we'll see! Anyway, it should be fun and lots of pics will be taken then!

I'm still looking into visiting a school while I'm here too...more on that later! Well, finally got to come to this area where it'll let me onto my blog (the free laptop rental place of course won't let me on this site, weird!). Take care all and again, Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

debmcglynn said...

Paul,

I'm glad to know that you are doing well on the other side of the world. I spoke with Mrs. Reid the last week of school, and everything seemed to be going well, but I know your kiddos were missing you.

Take care and I hope you enjoy your "field" trip to the museum and square.

Happy holidays,
Deb McGlynn