Friday, December 19, 2008

Spaniards and Snowballs....

Hey there! Funny topic eh? Yeah, we had our first snow since being here and when I was on my way to work, a group of Spanish soldiers were having a fun snowball fight! It was hysterical, especially when an unsuspecting spaniard got the "you know what" scared out of him when another launched a snowball from far away and nailed him in the back of the head! :)

Also a group of army guys played the whole "sneak-attack" on a friend while hiding behind stuff. Poor guy kept looking around and couldn't see. I didn't dare say anything for fear of getting pelted myself with not much snow around me to return fire! :)

Anyway, it's beginning to look a lot like christmas! :) Tons of decorations all over the place and in fact, you can't walk into any place (offices, chow halls, hang-outs) without seeing a christmas tree or a pic of St. Nick! It's pretty fun, but also kind of sad at the same time. Ah well, not much longer now! (that's what I keep telling myself!)

As I type this the day is about half-over back at DTA where I teach. Kids are getting squirrely, teachers are staring at the clock, and the cold just awaits any unsuspecting staff or student right outside the door! You guys are all in my thoughts and prayers and wish you nothing but a safe and prosperous winter break! I'll be home soon and can't wait to talk to you all about stuff I learned here! I've even learned some of the local language that we will DEFINITELY be using in my class when I get back! I found out more about visiting local schools and a historical tour as well! Can't wait!

Well, most of you will be able to read this over break, but to my kids and all the kids of DTA, I love you all, miss you all, and wish you nothing but the best!

Paul.....Mr. D

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sounds fun, playin' in the snow!! Have fun brushing up on the "lingo" there! I've been working on my spanish some! Since you are 12hours ahead of us, you will get to have Christmas before we are even awake....see yet another positive that I think of! You will have to spoil the surprise and tell us how Christams goes! Be safe, fun blog by the way!!