Sunday, December 7, 2008

More preparation.....


Alright, so my training weekend is done, got a lot of preparation for the trip accomplished: practiced chemical warfare, fired the m-16 rifle (qualified as an expert!), and did some computer training too! Good times! All in preparation for the big flight out on wednesday morning! I have to go out to Whiteman AFB in Missouri tomorrow for shots and then back to topeka for more training and signing things off! I had no idea it would be this complicated!! Ah well, it'll be worth it!

A big shout out to my kids in my 5th grade class! Thank you for making my last day a fun one. And and even BIGGER shoutout to my fellow teachers for taking time out of their day to throw me a surprise going away party after school on friday! It was so nice and heartfelt to receive all of your kindness, cards, and cards you had your kids make for me. You all have no idea how happy that made me. I truly feel like you all are my family and care about each and every one of you. It truly shows me how much you all care about me too and I can't find the words to describe how happy that made me. You all are wonderful people and I feel so privileged to be a part of Derrick Thomas Academy!

Hope you all enjoy the picture I've attached and not too scared of it! More later!

1 comment:

tri2fnsh said...

great pic! Glad to hear things are moving right along for you. Hope the weather doesn't mess with your travel plans.
I'm sure today will be nuts - safe travels and I'll be keeping up with your latest blog entries!